This report covers the market landscape and dynamics of the Advertising VOD (AVOD) segment.
The regions studied include the United States, Asia and Europe, with the corresponding key players discussed in detail.
The report also presents the conditions for the success of AVOD services and the possible positioning of new players and incumbents (broadcasters) for the future.
This report aims to answer the following questions:
- What are the dynamics affecting the AVOD markets?
- What strategies are players adopting to compete in the OTT video segment?
- How can advertising services influence the OTT video market?
- What is the outlook for AVOD revenues from 2025 onwards, by region and by type of player?
Table of contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Scope and definitions
2.1. AVOD vs SVOD/TVOD
2.3. Ad-supported business models and viewing trends
2.4. Evolution of AVOD services
2.5. AVOD viewing trends
3. AVOD dynamics per region/country
3.1. Key players by region – Overview
• United Kingdom
4. Advertising in AVOD: technologies and strategies
4.1. Digital ad spending trends in Europe
4.2. Programmatic TV & AVOD
4.3. AVOD ad viewership & acceptance by users
4.4. Streaming advertising trends
4.5. Types of ads in AVOD
4.6. Ad insertion standards: VAST and VPAID
4.7. Ad insertion in AVOD
4.8. Ad (insertion) platforms used by VOD players
5. AVOD services-players’ profiles
5.1. Ad-supported OTT platforms – synthesis
5.2. Players’ profiles: Pluto TV, Peacock, Hulu, Tubi, Viafree, IMDb TV (Amazon), The Roku Channel, Crackle Plus, Rakuten TV, Molotov / Mango, iQIYI, Voot
5.3. Positioning of AVOD players
6. AVOD markets forecasts as of 2025
6.1. Drivers & barriers
6.2. AVOD market forecasts
- Crackle Plus
- IMDb TV
- Molotov / Mango
- Pluto TV
- Rakuten TV
- The Roku Channel
- Reference: M00019MRA
- Delivery: on the DigiWorld Interactive platform
- Languages available: English
- Tags: Advertising, advertising VOD, AVOD, OTT Video, programmatic TV