Chairman & CEO
- septembre 2017 IDATE – Director of Studies – Head of the Telecoms Division
- 2012-2017 Bouygues Telecom – Head of strategic analysis, Strategy Department
- 1998-2012 McKinsey & Company – Analyst and later manager, Telecoms market analysis department
Key areas of expertise
Jean-Luc joined IDATE DigiWorld in September 2017
Jean-Luc is in charge of the IDATE Digiworld Telecom business unit, devoted to media, wireless, fibre, regulatory and industry economics. He is focusing on the main challenges met by telecom and media players, FTTx strategies, regulatory management, telecom-media convergence challenges, new services business modelling and diversification.
He has devoted 20 years to the digital ecosystem’s strategic challenges. Before joining IDATE, Jean-Luc spent five years as strategy manager for French carrier, Bouygues Telecom and, before that, worked in the Telecom department at McKinsey & Company.
Jean-Luc holds an Executive MBA from HEC-Paris and is graduated from the Louvain school of management (Belgium). He has dual French and Belgian nationality.
- Spectrum and infrastructure sharing for mobile operators, challenges and opportunities created by 5G
- Very high speed internet access development and satellite backhauling opportunities in overseas territories
- Electronic auctioning system: what opportunities for regulators?
- Wholesale bitstream FTTx pricing : cost-plus vs. retail-minus analysis
- FTTB vs. FTTH deployment strategies: levers defining operator’s choices.
Mansouria Ait Amrane
Analyst Mobile / Director of Study
After obtaining an engineering degree and then a master’s specialising in mobile radio at TelecomParistech, Mansouria developed her expertise in mobile networks by working for over 10 years in optimisation, design and pre-sales for manufacturers and operators in mainland France and for an integrator in the South Pacific.
She join IDATE as Director of study, in order to put her technical expertise to good use and develop new skills related to the evolution of telecommunications markets worldwide.
Director of studies
15 years of work experience
Key areas of expertise
Over the course of his more than 15 years of work experience, Jacques has become an expert in media economics and the internet’s impact on content. His assignments involve sector-specific, economic and strategic examinations of TV/digital media and their distribution systems. He also addresses news media ecosystems, the evolution of players’ strategies and telcos’ convergence issues. Assignments include private and public operators, In France and abroad.
Jacques holds a Master in international economy (Paris X University) and a Master in Innovation Management (Toulouse Graduate School of Management).
- SVOD & cord cutting, tier 1 Telco
- 5G & Media, satellite industry
- Market assessment of illegal streaming services in France, public institution
- Collaborative program on Telecom and Media convergence
- Positioning of distributors, aggregators and publishers along the audiovisual value chain, Tier 1 Telco
- Workshop on video market and trends, impacts for satellite, satellite operator
- Business modelling the Digital TV transition in Mauritania, public institution
- Cable convergence in Europe, Tier 1 Telco,
- Cloud DVR prospects, solution provider
Digital Uses and Territories Community Leader
27 ans d'expérience
- 2017 Head of the Intelligent Territories (Territoire Intelligents) practice
- 2016 Development of the national policy in favor of the digital economy development in Burkina Faso and Smart City blueprint of Greater Casablanca
- 2014 Committee member management of the Cite Intelligent of Montpellier Metropolitan
Key areas of expertise
He is a geographical economist, with an engineer’s degree in Regional Development from the Université de Lille 1/ENVAR
- Evaluation and updating of e-Gov national strategy in Burkina Faso, Ministry of Digital Economy and Post-ANPTIC, 2018
- Digital Transformation blueprint for Agadir, Fes and Marrakech cities, Ministry of National Country Planning, Urbanism, Housing and City Policy, 2018
- Assistance in setting up an innovation partnership for implementing a smart city platform, Pays Haut Val d’Alzette District, 2018
- Assistance in updating the Intelligent City strategy, Montpellier Mediterranee Metropole, 2018
Corentin joined IDATE in 2023, working in the Media Telecom BU. He holds a master’s degree in digital economics from the Faculty of Economics at the University of Montpellier.
Corentin carries out strategic technical and economic intelligence and monitors innovations. He supports the development of studies, analyses and documentary databases (market & players), for example on the OTT television and video markets, the 5G market and its innovations, etc.
Florian Frigo joined IDATE in September 2023 as a consultant in the Media-Telecom Business Unit. He works on the arrival of new digital technologies and contemporary economic challenges.
He specialises in strategic, financial, competitive and regulatory analysis and assessment of the digital economy, networks and platforms, as well as current economic issues.
His studies took him to the University of Montpellier, where he obtained a degree in economics with a specialisation in Digital Master.
Lead Wireless Analyst 5G and Wireless Services Practice Leader
24 years of work experience
- 2013 LTE in Europe
- 2008-2011 EITO contract: Datebases of telcos and media markets
- 2003 3G in Europe
Key areas of expertise
Carole joined IDATE DigiWorld in October 2000.
She is today the leader of IDATE DigiWorld Wireless services practice.
Carole has been in charge of monitoring the globe’s mobile markets, and operators and mobile services development particularly in 3G, LTE and now for 5G. She has also become an expert in spectrum management issues and developed expertise in PPDR issues. She contributes actively to H2020 5G PPP projects initiated by the EU Commission (Euro-5G/To-Euro5G and METIS-II).
Before coming to IDATE, Carole worked for the COGEMA’s North American corporate strategy department, where she was involved in several acquisition operations in the nuclear sector.
Carole holds a MS in marketing (EDHEC business school, Lille, 1991). She also holds a Masters in Human Resources and Corporate Management (ESCP, Paris business school, 1992).
- The European 5G Observatory (European Commission, SMART 2018/0024)5G spectrum and sharing in Europe, USA, South Korea, China, technical specifications, Asian MNO, 2017
- Benchmark on electronic auctions design and provision of solutions, French NRA, 2017
- Contribution to H2020 5G PPP projects (METIS-II, Euro-5G and To-Euro-5G), European Commission, 2015-2019
- Detailed wireless data for Europe, BEREC, 2017
- 4G and 5G status and prospective in Middle East and Africa, FTTH Council, 2017
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Sophie is the DigiWorld Institute’s human hub. She is the permanent contact for Institute Members.
She coordinates Member activities, including the monthly DigiWorld Executive Clubs in Brussels, London and Paris.
She also manages the schedules of IDATE DigiWorld’s Chair and CEO.
Head of Digital and Sustainable Territories, Principal Analyst FTTH
23 years of work experience
- 2016 Director of DigiWorld Institute UK
- 2016 Business Plan for the setting up of large Fiber Optic operator for an electric power company in Africa
- 2014 Competitive analysis and business plan for a major FTTH deployment in the Middle East.
- 2010 Study on the good practices related to the indoors deployment of fiber as well as on the sharing of clusters.
- 2008 Major study for the French government on the deployment scenarios of High Speed network development in France (modeling of costs and governmental options)
- 2004 Project Manager of FTTH panorama for the FTTH Europe Council (15th edition in 2007), and annual FTTX monitoring service covering more than 70 counties (7th edition)
Key areas of expertise
Roland Montagne joined IDATE in 1998 and he is now their Principal Analyst. He is in charge of IDATE Consulting and Research activities covering Broadband and FTTx markets. Mr Montagne played a leading role in previous IDATE International studies (in Middle East, Asia and Europe), in particular with FTTH Councils Worldwide. He has delivered several studies on with European broadband rollouts, including annual surveys on broadband access for DGInfSo.
He is a Telecommunications Engineer (ENST Paris, 1994) and received a Master on Electronics (University Paris 6, 1994).
- 2017 IDATE World FTTx Market Service
- FTTH Council Europe Panorama: FTTH deployments in the EU-39
- FTTH Council Africa Panorama: FTTH deployments in 16 SSA countries
- FTTH LATAM Chapter: FTTH/B market panorama in 17 LATAM markets
- FTTH Council Asia Pacific: FTTH/B market panorama in 18 APAC markets
- FTTH Council MENA: FTTH market panorama in 19 middle east countries
- Power utility company (Indian Ocean): Establishment of a Wholesale Network: Competitive analysis, Business Plan and implementation Scenarios
- Vendor Strategy – Development of the Gigabit access market in the US
- Deployment of a major FTTH Network on a national scale – X million ports (Middle East based operator): Business Planning, High Level Design and tendering process.
Consultant, IDATE SAS
Thierry has been a Junior Consultant at IDATE since May 2019.
He is involved in supporting major local authority projects and keeps a watchful eye on very high-speed broadband news in Public Initiative Networks.
Thierry holds a Master’s degree in Network Industry and Digital Economy from Télécom ParisTech.
Key areas of intervention
- Assistance in monitoring the implementation of the ALTO Project as Technical Advisor to Lenders: contribution to the drafting of the quarterly analysis note on the progress of the Project.
- Commercial due diligence with a view to refinancing the Tutor Europ’Essonne PSD: Documentary analysis, participation in the preparation of dossiers for future investors.
- Assistance for the finalization of a technical and commercial analysis report within the framework of the «ALTO 2» financial holding company project: Documentary analysis, Participation in the realization of the files for future investors.
- Development of a monitoring tool for Public Initiative Networks: Production and processing of Arcep and Avicca data on the progress of the deployment of Very High Speed Internet.
- 2019 : Participation in the drafting of the quarterly analysis note on the progress of the Project. – DSP THD Sem@fibre
- 2019: Contribution to the drafting of documents related to the FiberNet commercialization project (Propale and Commercial status point), Benchmark of operators in the Indian Ocean. – CEB Maurice
- 2019: Study relating to the evaluation of the French policy on the deployment of Very High Speed Broadband – Benchmark of RIP
Santiago joined IDATE DigiWorld in September 2019, within the Media Telecom BU after having completed a master’s in digital economy at the Faculty of Economics of the University of Montpellier.
Santiago has strengthened skills in the telecoms and media market. He collaborates in monitoring technical and economic strategies and innovation in the telecom market, in both fixed and wireless technologies, and in the media market. He writes market reports and presents their conclusions.
Key areas of intervention
- Diagnostics and benchmarks in the telecoms and media markets.
- Prospective analysis related to these markets.
- Surveys of actions taken by the private and public sectors in the telecom market, both wireless and fixed technologies (5G, IoT, FTTH).
- Assistance in projects of technology watch and innovation in the telecom market, both wireless and fixed technologies.
- 2019-2021: Technical and economic monitoring on the latest developments in the 5G market, and the actions undertaken by the private and public sectors – European 5G Observatory
- 2019: Analysis of the markets of the most advanced countries in 5G – World 5G Market & Players
- 2019: Analysis of TV and OTT advertising strategies of major European and American television groups – Advertising TV vs OTT
- 2019: Compilation of news on 5G and on the use of this technology by players in the energy sector – Flash Information 5G-Engie.
Bodanka a rejoint l’IDATE en 1998. Elle est Attachée de Direction du pôle Innovation.
Elle travaille notamment sur le montage administratif des appels d’offres nationaux et internationaux. Elle intervient sur les missions de qualification de prospects et de prise de rendez-vous pour les études. Enfin, elle assure le suivi administratif du pôle (soutien logistique, édition des études multiclients, etc…).
Bodanka est titulaire d’une maîtrise de Langues Etrangères Appliquées Anglais-Italien – Option Affaires et Commerce.
Executive Assistant, Digital Territories Unit
Nathalie joined IDATE in 1988 and is currently the Digital Territories Division’s Assistant and Executive attaché.
She is in charge of the division’s administrative operations and the administration of its dossiers and reports. Nathalie is also responsible for the administrative aspects of mounting national and international tender dossiers.
Salomé Wilkowsky joined IDATE in 2022. She is a lawyer specialized in telecommunications, new technologies and creative law. Her areas of expertise also include cybersecurity, e-commerce, IT contracts, data protection, entertainment and audiovisual law, intellectual and industrial property and trademark and domain name law.
Salomé holds a Master 2 in Digital Law from the University of Paris Nanterre and is about to graduate from the certificate of aptitude for the legal profession. She has worked at NEXT Avocats in Digital and Creative Law, at FTPA Avocats and Ortega-Medina & Associates (London).