Understanding player strategies and tracking telecom network rollouts
We help operators, manufacturers, public policymakers and local authorities with key ultrafast access development issues, thank to one of the best teams in the world specialising in network access, and particularly FTTH.
Tell us what you need
The right information and clear, relevant analysis to help with your technical, marketing, strategic, financial and investment decision-making on ultrafast access:
Anticipate changes in the marketplace
- Status of infrastructure rollouts internationally and in each major region
- Benchmark of rollout models around the globe
- Detailed snapshot of rollouts and subscription (geographical markets, products…) and growth outlook
- Benchmark of broadband and ultrafast broadband services and pricing
- Market forecasts, demand modelling
- Analysis of the competition landscape: key players’ positioning and anticipating possible changes in strategy in response to technological disruptions
- Impact of public policies on increasing coverage levels and bolstering market momentum.
Evaluate the economics of technological choices
- Analysis of technological developments
from equipment suppliers and their impact on carrier strategies
- Technology benchmarks, analysis of networks’ technical-economic performance
- Modelling the evolution of coverage, by infrastructure and geomarketing (maps)
- Deployment cost analysis
- Elaboration of Business plan
- Participation in due diligence procedures: technical audit, business model assessment, market context…
Accompany project owners
- In drafting a superfast rollout scheme:identifying problems, possible solutions, ensuring effective implementation, drawing on experienced-based knowledge
- Tracking superfast projects’ implementation: avancement des déploiements, performances techniques, performances commerciales
Do you have a project?Contact us
WirelineConsult the catalogue
Our EventsFind out more
Clubs & Open ResearchSubscribe
Our experts point of view
Where does Europe stand with superfast rollouts?
A recent report from IDATE DigiWorld underscores the extent to which European markets as a whole lag behind the superfast access targets set by the Digital Agenda, including: 50% of Internet households subscribing to a connection of more than 100 Mbps in 2020.
Is this the beginning of the end of major M&A deals in Europes telecoms sector?
For several years now – and not without reason – an idea had taken hold in Europe’s ailing telecoms landscape that consolidation was a mandatory rite of passage for closing the chapter on endless price wars that were incompatible with the massive investments required in fixed and mobile superfast systems.
FTTH vs LTE: love-hate relationship who takes advantage on the long-term?
In developed countries, the broadband market’s evolution is being shaped by the transition to superfast broadband (SFB) and by fixed-mobile convergence. Telcos have to react – especially on the verge of continuous consolidation in the communications industry. In 2015 merger & acquisitions already shook up markets profoundly.