We are the proud purveyors of benchmark analysis of the global superfast access market for more than 15 years.
KEY QUESTIONS & AREAS COVERED
- Can superfast mobile technologies provide a solid alternative to FTTx in developing countries?
- What new business models are telcos adopting to monetise their FTTH networks? What role are wholesale operators playing?
- Does the deployment of G.Fast solutions change the way new FTTH networks are deployed?
- Will 5G be a complement to or competitor for FTTx?
- Do FTTH networks bolster the development of convergent services?
- What role can and should government and regional bodies play in FTTH network development?
- What forms could government funding take? And what impact will it have?
- Has the supply side of broadband networks been affected by the advent of the Gigabit society?
- What cost structures for FTTx networks?
A word from our expert
Director Business Unit Smart Networks & Territories - Principal Analyst Broadband & FTTx, IDATE DigiWorld
“For telcos and cablecos, the ultimate goal is to pull fibre as close to user premises as possible.
But there are still a great many unanswered questions over business models, including: what rate of deployment and what monetisation strategy? How much financial support can the public sector provide?
Can authorities’ “Gigabit Society” objective generate value-creation opportunities that will guarantee a high enough return on investment?
Will FTTH as a whole be affected by alternative technologies like G.Fast or 5G WTTx? What role will FTTH play in emerging regions, and in Africa in particular?”
Find and order your reports