In this study we present the potential impacts of blockchain technologies on the media industries.
We present the nature and main value proposition of the blockchain technology, as well as a summary of its main offerings.
Our analysis covers various concrete case studies over the video, music and video games markets, with a perspective on their benefits and limitations, as well as a realistic prospect of adoption.
Our vision of the potential impact of the technology on the media industry value chain and business models serves to identify the main market segment that could be affected by this emerging technology.
Based on these analyses we provide quantitative and qualitative market forecasts for the share of media market revenues that will transit through blockchain applications by 2025.
Table of contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Blockchain Overview – A new infrastructure to share information
2.1. Blockchain definitions
2.2. Blockchain value proposition
2.3. Blockchain key concepts
2.4. Blockchain offerings
2.5. Blockchain limitations
3. Media use cases – Blockchain applications in the Media Industry
3.1. Blockchain in video
3.2. Blockchain in music
3.3. Blockchain in video gaming
4. Market Vision and Prospects – A technology that can impact the whole media value chain
4.1. How can blockchain transform the media industries
4.2. Blockchain and Media
4.3. Blockchain and Media production
4.4. Blockchain and aggregation/distribution
4.5. Blockchain and consumption & revenues
4.6. Market development factors
4.7. Market forecasts
List of tables and figures
• Blockchain early vision of a decentralised Internet
• Analysis of the different types of blockchain
• Public, permissioned and permissioned blockchain
• Comparative advantages of consensus methods
• Smart contracts concept
• Overview of the most notable blockchain Implementations
Market Vision and Prospects
• Addressable markets by industry for blockchain
• Blockchain in media market by revenue segment, World, 2020-2025
• Blockchain in media market by industry, World, 2020-2025
- Channel 4
- Mediaset Italia
- Universal Media LLC
- Walt Disney Co.
- Reference: M19620MRA
- Delivery: on the DigiWorld Interactive platform
- Languages available: English
- Tags: blockchain, media market, music, Video, video games