This report analyses the adoption of private 5G networks.
It presents the monitoring of the private 5G network worldwide since 2018.
It also analyses the regulation of spectrum allocation for private networks (main initiatives by regulators).
In a final section, it presents the key insights of this monitoring.
The attached Excel file also lists the main private 5G networks (non-exhaustive list) with some details around:
- Geographical areas
- Additional information including KPIs, type of use case, etc.
Table of contents
1. Executive summary
2. Technology reminders
• Private networks: definition and characteristics
• Overview of private mobile networks
• Key components of a private mobile network
• Cost model for a private wireless network deployment
• Transition from 4G to 5G network
• Expected technical benefits of 5G
• Key 5G enabling technologies for industry solutions
• Countries expected to release mobile spectrum for private licensing
• Main 5G IoT use cases
3. Benchmark analysis
• Regional location of industrial and end-users deploying private 5G networks
• Share of private 5G implementations per country
• Number of private 5G deployments and key verticals
• Private 5G applications
• Initiation phase of private 5G development
• Hardware vendors’ share of private 5G deployments
• Focus on manufacturing
- Reference: M00087MRA
- Delivery: on the DigiWorld Interactive platform
- Languages available: French, English
- Tags: 5G, 5G IoT, mobile networks, mobile spectrum, private 5G applications, private 5G networks, private licensing, private networks, wireless network