Among the first to launch an LTE market watch service, we are currently tracking the accelerating pace of 5G network rollouts. Rollouts that are ushering the world into a new era of hyper-connectivity, delivering new features that extend well beyond just a boost in speed.
KEY QUESTIONS & AREAS COVERED
- What are the latest inroads being made by 5G, following pioneer rollouts in the United States and South Korea? How are operators investing in and around 5G?
- What percentage of mobile connections will be 5G by 2025? How is the transition from 4G and the shutdown of 2G/3G networks progressing?
- Will 5G satisfy the needs of vertical markets? How will it be positioned with respect to IoT technologies in general, and LPWA in particular?
- Will less advanced countries benefit from 5G to the same degree?
- In what ways is 5G central to security issues?
- What will the key 5G markets be in the short and medium-term, notably with respect to eMBB and FWA?
- How will 5G innovations (mmWave bands, network slicing, edge, etc.) pave the way for new markets?
A word from our expert
Wireless Services practice leader, IDATE DigiWorld
“5G is now a reality in several countries, and service rollouts are expected to accelerate in 2019 and 2020. 5G is much more than just a new mobile technology: it represents a major development and innovation milestone in our increasingly connected world. We are forecasting 1.7 billion 5G SIM cards will be in use by the end of 2025.”
Find and order your reports