A broad consensus among telecom operators and public institutions estimates that only 10 percent of the Earth’s surface has access to terrestrial connectivity services, making satellite IoT a valuable alternative to complement terrestrial IoT networks, especially in remote and rural areas.
This study explores the opportunities that satellite IoT brings to various industries, including agriculture, maritime, transport and logistics, and utilities, among others.
In addition, it provides a benchmark of the most innovative and advanced applications of Satellite IoT and NB-IoT across all of the aforementioned verticals.
It also provides detailed market sizing to describe the current state of the satellite market, and the IoT market in particular, while estimating the market volumes and ARPUs of Satellite IoT.
It answers the following key questions:
• How is standardisation driving mobile-satellite convergence?
• How is Satellite IoT impacting different verticals?
• What are the most common use cases for hybrid connectivity and what are the KPIs for each application?
• What does satellite NB-IoT offer for last mile applications in different verticals and how does the convergence work with cellular networks?
Table of contents
1. State of the satellite market
• State of the satellite market
• Which countries will dominate the satellite market?
• Satellite segmentation by usage and purpose
• Four types of satellites and uses
2. Focus on the IoT segment
• Satellite IoT and frequency bands
• Top satellite operators by region
• FAQ: NB-IoT roaming between cellular and satellite operators
• The different use cases for direct satellite 5G
• Satellite IoT market size and ARPU
• Worldwide SATCOM connectivity market size (excluding backhauling)
3. Use cases and applications
• 5G NB-IoT for livestock tracking management
• Global 5G IoT satellite connectivity for sea containers
• Transport and Logistics
• Hybrid IoT asset tracking solution
• Wind farm monitoring in remote areas
• Other applications
- AST SpaceMobile
- Dutch Valley
- eSAT Global
- Galaxy Space
- Guodian Tech
- Head Aerospace
- OQ Technology
- Starlink (SpaceX)
- Swarm Technologies
- Totum Labs
- Reference: M00110MR2A
- Delivery: on the DigiWorld Interactive platform
- Languages available: French, English
- Tags: iot, Satellite-cellular, Telecom, telecom operators, MNOs, mobile network operators, MVNOs, Mobile Virtual Network Operators, Satellite market, agriculture, 5G, 5G IoT, transport, logistics, Wind farm