A broad consensus among telecom operators and public institutions estimates that only 10 percent of the Earth’s surface has access to terrestrial connectivity services, making satellite IoT a valuable alternative to complement terrestrial IoT networks, especially in remote and rural areas.
This study focuses on the current state of the satellite market, with a specific emphasis on the IoT sector. It achieves this by dissecting the satellite IoT value chain, identifying key satellite players, and estimating satellite IoT market volumes and ARPUs.
Additionally, it examines the various market forces driving the Satellite IoT market. This includes a detailed analysis of their strategies, offerings, and, notably, their business models.
It addresses the following key questions
1. How is standardization driving cellular-satellite convergence?
2. How are the players positioned in terms of strategy and offerings?
– What partnerships are they entering into to deliver hybrid connectivity solutions?
3. What initiatives are Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and Cellular IoT Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) undertaking to leverage satellite connectivity?
Table of contents
1. State of the satellite market
• State of the satellite market
• Which countries will dominate the satellite market?
• Satellite segmentation by usage and purpose
• Four types of satellites and uses
2. Focus on the IoT segment
• Satellite IoT and frequency bands
• Top satellite operators by region
• FAQ: NB-IoT roaming between cellular and satellite operators
• The different use cases for direct satellite 5G
• Satellite IoT market size and ARPU
• Worldwide SATCOM connectivity market size (excluding backhauling) – in value
3. Market forces
• Breaking down the satellite IoT value chain
• IoT satellite ecosystem mapping
• Initiatives by key players
• OQ Technology
• Other satellite IoT connectivity providers
• Hardware providers
4. Communications Service Providers strategies
• CSP’s growing appetite for satellite IoT services
• MNOs partner with satellite IoT operators to serve hybrid use cases
• IoT MVNOs- Satellite IoT partnerships
- AST SpaceMobile
- Deutsche Telekom
- eSAT Global
- Galaxy Space
- Guodian Tech
- Head Aerospace
- Microsoft Azure
- Nano Avionics
- OQ Technology
- Space Inventor
- Starlink (SpaceX)
- Swarm Technologies
- Totum Labs
- Reference: M00110MR1A
- Delivery: on the DigiWorld Interactive platform
- Languages available: French, English
- Tags: iot, Satellite-cellular, Telecom, telecom operators, MNOs, mobile network operators, MVNOs, Mobile Virtual Network Operators, Satellite market