As it is every year, IDATE DigiWorld was on hand as a partner analyst during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
This issue of our DigiWorld Watch Service offers a summary of what stood out most for our experts, through interviews with Florence Le Borgne, Lead ‘TV & Digital Content’ analyst, Frédéric Pujol, Lead 5G analyst, Samuel Ropert, Lead IoT analyst, and Deputy CEO, Jean-Dominique Séval.
It also includes the latest wireless market trends including: LTE and 5G rollout, 5G Monetisation, IoT market forecasts, autonomous cars… as well as a chronicle of the latest industry news.
Table of contents
1. MARKET INSIGHTS
What are the main takeaways from the Mobile World Congress?
• Everything is speeding up!
• Industrial internet in the spotlight
• 5G: First commercial rollouts expected this year
• Virtual reality: the main driver for 5G?
Latest wireless market trends
• 2020, a year of transition: 5 billion LTE subscribers at year-end & emergence of 5G faster than expected
• 5G monetisation: Will Gigabit LTE and 5G bring higher revenues?
• Internet of Things: A market keeping its promise of 10% annual growth thanks to fast-growing industrial markets
• Autonomous cars: Premium brands are leading the way
• Smart mobility: From the development of the self-driving car to its integration in the smart city
• Chronicle of the latest industry news
- Reference: M18703A
- Delivery: on the DigiWorld Interactive platform
- Languages available: English
- Tags: 5G, 5G monetisation, autonomous cars, Gigabit LTE, industrial Internet, Internet of Things, LTE, smart mobility, Virtual reality, Wireless