This report addresses the prospects for XR in the consumer market.
Three segments are covered: gaming, video & entertainment, retail & e-commerce. Two case studies per segment provide deeper views on XR products and highlight the linked issues at stake.
This report also addresses current XR technologies and possible disruptions, market trends and drivers as well as hurdles for the future.
Finally, XR consumer market forecasts are detailed, per consumer segment and technology (AR & VR).
- Where do we stand in terms of XR development in the consumer market?
- Where are the best market opportunities?
- What are the challenges and the driving forces for change?
- What will be the size of the market in 2025 and the balance per consumer segment and technology?
- Despite recent advances in available solutions, XR (virtual reality and augmented reality) services remain a niche consumer market, apart from video games. According to IDATE DigiWorld, accelerators, particularly 5G, are expected to boost consumption with a market growing by a multiplication factor of 5 between 2020 & 2025.
Access the study!XR Consumer market