This report provides new trends occurring in the smart home and smart building markets highlighting key factors impacting the sector. It presents the broad ecosystem involved in the field and the different players’ positioning. It also provides forecasts of the market evolution.
- What are the key stakes of the market ?
- What are the technologies involved ? Is there any move for standards consolidation ?
- Who are the key active players involved ? How do they position in the market ? What are the development trends of the smart home especially from Internet giant players?
Table of contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Methodology & definitions
3. Smart home and smart building markets & key factors
4. Market structure and player strategies
5. Market analysis
Geographic area & Players
- GE Appliances (Haier)
- Schneider Electric
- Deutsche Telekom
Definitions and context
- What’s under the smart home and smart building umbrella?
- Expectations from home and building occupants
- Connectivity is key to make devices communicate with each other but fragmentation remains a major issue
- More and more players in the value chain
- Offerings in line with the origin industry of the players
- Focus on the compatibility with major smart home products
- Creating its ecosystem as key advantage
- Smart home and smart building selling through services
- Smart home adoption is low, while smart building may take off
- Market drivers and barriers for the development of smart home and smart building
- Market estimates
- Reference: M17380MRA
- Delivery: on the DigiWorld Interactive platform
- Languages available: English
- Tags: automation, central automation systems, connected equipment, connectivity, energy, Internet of Things, safety, security, smart building, Smart Home, smart products, smart solutions