Is pay TV stuck in an inexorable decline? Is SVOD the miracle cure? Have veteran players become aware of the changing tide and adapted their strategies accordingly? Who will be the big winners in this massive migration to online (OTT) services?
This report from IDATE DigiWorld tackles all of these questions by examining both markets and players.
It begins with a detailed look at subscription TV & video markets: how TV and SVOD subscriptions are progressing on each type of network (2015 – 2023), by player (2015 – 2019), and in terms of service revenue (2015 – 2023).
This examination is performed for both the main geographic regions and the key markets in each of these regions:
- The United States
- Europe (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, the UK, Scandinavia)
- Sub-Saharan Africa (South Africa)
- North Africa/the Middle East
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan)
- Latin America (Brazil)
Next, it explores how key players in each region are responding strategically to the changing landscape.
The final chapter delivers a synthesis of the core issues and challenges, for both markets and players’ positioning.
- Dish TV
- Nordic Entertainment Group
- Reference: M19250MRA
- Delivery: on the DigiWorld Interactive platform
- Languages available: French, English
- Tags: online services, OTT, pay TV, SVOD, TV market, video market