This issue of our DigiWorld Watch service looks into the impacts of disruptive technologies in the media chain and in consumer experience. Those with the greatest potential for change are Artificial intelligence, the blockchain, virtualisation of functions and equipment, Virtual and augmented reality.
The insight analyses the implications linked to the implementation of these technologies per segment of the chain: content production, content security and media-asset management, optimisation of infrastructures and operations, user experience, content monetisation (advertising and transactional).
This issue also includes a chronicle of the latest digital industry news as well as an update on what our teams are up to.
Table of contents
Augmented Media – How far will disruptive technologies impact the media chain?
1. Disruptive technologies could become game changers in the media landscape
– Artificial intelligence
– Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality/360° Video
2. Future developments in media
– Assisted production, from analytics to AI?
– Greater efficiency in content security and media-asset management
– Optimisation of infrastructures and operations
– An enhanced user experience
– More efficient content monetisation
– Internet giants reaping the benefits?
Chronical for September & October 2017
- Reference: M17608A
- Delivery: on the DigiWorld Interactive platform
- Languages available: English
- Tags: 360° video, Artificial Intelligence, assisted production, augmented media, Augmented reality, blockchain, computer vision, natural language processing, Virtual reality, Virtualisation, voice control