Artificial Intelligence (AI) is one of the most disruptive technologies of this decade and has the potential to transform every aspect of our society, including vertical industries. Telecom operators are transforming themselves into AI companies, starting with the automation of their network operations.
This report focuses on several key questions:
- What are the different concepts of AI , including machine learning, deep learning and generative AI?
- What are the key components of AI, and what is the AI value chain?
- How do telecom operators position themselves in the AI value chain?
- What are the drivers for telecom operators to adopt AI?
- What are the AI strategies of the major telecom operators?
Table of contents
1. Executive summary
2. Overview of AI technologies
2.1. Definition of artificial intelligence, machine learning and deep learning
2.2. Key AI-based technologies and applications
2.3. Artificial intelligence value chain
3. Drivers of artificial intelligence in the telecom sector
3.1. Key challenges for the telecoms sector
3.2. Drivers of AI adoption in telecommunications
3.3. Drivers of AI adoption in telecoms – Evolution to 5G and beyond
3.4. Drivers of AI adoption in telecoms – AI-based applications
3.5. Drivers of AI adoption in telecoms – Increasing sophistication of cyber-attacks
3.6. Drivers of AI adoption in telecoms – Effective network management
3.7. Drivers of AI adoption in telecoms – Revenue growth, cost reduction
4. Telco AI strategy case studies
4.3. Deutsche Telekom
4.5. China Mobile
- China Mobile
- Deutsche Telekom
- Reference: M00101aMRA
- Delivery: on the DigiWorld Interactive platform
- Languages available: French, English
- Tags: AI-based applications, AI-based technologies, Artificial Intelligence, deep learning, machine learning, telecoms industry